Solution: The URL for Web project ‘X’ is configured to use IIS as the web server but the URL is currently configured on the IIS Express web server
While working on a web project, I started getting this error while loading the project in VS2012 this morning. I did a Bing search on the problem and came across the following solutions. Different solutions work for different users so I am listing down all at a single point.
Below is the list of solutions –
- Delete the *.csproj.user file from Hard Disk and reload the project
- Open Visual Studio as administrator and try reloading the project.
- Edit *.csproj file and set the value of UseIISExpress property to False. Save the project file and try reloading the project.
- Edit *.csproj file and set the value of SaveServerSettingsInUserFile property to True. Save the project file and try reloading the project.
- If none of the above methods work, the last method would be to create a new website in IIS, edit the *.csproj file and change the value of IISUrl property to the new website URL you created.
Hope one of the above mentioned solutions helps you resolve this problem with ease. Do let me know which one of the above resolved your problem in comments. Keep learning and sharing.