How To Host an ASP.Net Website on Shared Server
Many a times, when working with small organizations your immediate senior tells you, “I am giving you the credentials, host the website on the server and let me know”. Being a developer, we should always know how to host a website on server. In this post, we will see the steps that are required to host an ASP.Net application on a shared server. This post is helpful for beginners who have no idea on hosting the websites and making them run on a server.
- If you have created an ASP.Net web application, publish your ASP.Net application from Visual Studio. In case you have created an ASP.Net website, you may skip this step
- Log into server using FTP details
- Open the “httpdocs” folder
- Upload all files to the server
- Make changes to web.config files for Db connections and other production related settings.
- Give permissions to writable folders through Plesk.
- You’re done.
Hope this post helps! Keep learning and sharing! Cheers!