How To Enable Task Manager in Windows 8.1
Windows Task Manager is used to view details about processes running on your computer. Today, I came across an application that was disabling the Task Manager by itself. In this post, we will see how to enable Task Manager in Windows 8.1 machine via Registry. If the Task manager is disabled, you may get the following message when trying to access Task Manager –
- Open Run windows from Start Screen, type regedit and press Enter.
- The Registry Editor window will open. In this window, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\System through the left hand navigation panel.
- Once you’re there, on the right side in the work area you will notice a Key named “DisableTaskMgr”.
- Open the Key by double clicking on it and enter the value as 0.
- Press OK and close the Registry Editor.
Hope this little tip helps you. Keep learning and sharing.